You can connect the camera and your smartphone by selecting the camera’s SSID (DIRECT-xxxx:xxxx). This will allow you to perform remote shooting with the camera in PlayMemories Mobile.
- Terms on the screen may be different depending on your camera and smartphone.
1. On models that have the camera application [Smart Remote Control], select MENU → (Application) → [Application List] and launch [Smart Remote Embedded] or [Smart Remote Control].
On models that do not have [Smart Remote Control], select [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] from the menu of the camera.
2. On an Android smartphone, launch PlayMemories Mobile, and then select the camera’s SSID.
On an iPhone/iPad, select [Settings] on the "Home" screen → [Wi-Fi] → the camera’s SSID. Once the connection is established, launch PlayMemories Mobile.
In both cases, you only need to input the password the first time.
If your camera supports the NFC function, you can connect the camera and your Android smartphone by touching the NFC mark on the smartphone to the camera. This will allow you to perform remote shooting with the camera in PlayMemories Mobile.
1. Enable the smartphone’s NFC function.
2. Display the shooting screen on the camera.
3. Touch the NFC mark on the smartphone to the mark on the camera.