Camera Remote SDK provides software developers a way for integrating Sony cameras in their solutions and applications. With this SDK developers will be able to create customized software applications to control Sony cameras remotely from a host PC and get the image data captured with Sony cameras. This SDK allows software developers to realize a number of functions, such as changing the camera settings, shutter release and live view monitoring in their software applications.
Software Development Kit Available
- SDK Module
- API Reference
- Sample Code
- ILCE-1, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7RM4A, ILCE-7RM4, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7C
- DSC-RX0M2 (Ver. 3.00 or later)
- macOS®10.14 - 10.15, 11.1 -
- Windows® 8.1, 10 (64-bit only)
- Linux® 64bit (ARMv8)
- Linux® 32bit (ARMv7)
- Linux® 64bit (x86)
Apply for Camera Remote SDK
(located in the EU, the UK, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey , Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Moldova, Macedonia, Montenegro, China, Canada or the USA only)
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.04.00 has been released.
- Added support for ILCE-1, ILCE-7RM4A and DSC-RX0M2(Ver. 3.00 or later).
- Wired LAN is supported.
- Linux® 64bit (x86) is available.
- Added some commands for Windows®, MacOS and Linux®.
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.03.00 has been released.
- MacOS is available.
- Multi-camera control is supported.
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.02.01 has been released (for Windows only).
- Fixed a stability issue occasionally happens when connect/disconnect the camera via USB.
Please refer to CrSDK_Readme_v1.02.01.pdf.
API references of Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.02.00 has been updated
- Added support for ILCE-7C.
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.02.00 for Linux® 32bit (ARMv7) has been released.
Following 3 documents of Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.02.00 for Windows® and Linux® 64bit (ARMv8) have been updated.
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.02.00 has been released.
- Added support for ILCE-7SM3.
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.01.00 has been released.
- Linux® 64bit (ARMv8) is available.
- Added commands as following for both Windows® and Linux®.
For details, please refer to API references.
- Video shooting
- Focus Magnifier Setting
- Focus Area setting
- Zoom status indication (Zoom Type Status, Zoom Scale, Zoom Bar Information functions)
- White Balance settings (Custom WB, AutoWB (AWB) Lock, Biaxial Fine Tuning, Picture Effect)
- Control Media Format
Camera Remote SDK Ver. 1.00.01 has been released.
- Fixes an application crash when Debug build and CrError GetLiveViewImage() are used.
- Fixes a rare issue that no output is available when command line output is used.
What to update:
- Please replace following 2 dll files to update from Ver. 1.00.00 to Ver. 1.00.01.
- If you are using LiveView function, please refer to the Sample Application code and update your Application code, as the memory new/delete codes are updated.
"void CameraDevice::get_live_view()" of the "CameraDevice.cpp"
- If you are using command line output, please refer to the Sample Application code and update your Application code, as the locale setting codes are added.
"int main()" of the "RemoteSampleApp.cpp"
- Will you give me the future line-up information? For which products will SDK be available?
The Camera Remote SDK initially supports ILCE-7RM4 and ILCE-9M2 and the line-up of supported Cameras will be gradually expanded hereafter.
- Is Camera Remote SDK charged? Do I need to pay for Remote SDK?
It is free of charge. Please let us know your request.
- Is it possible for developers to sell APPs developed based on this SDK?
Yes, developers are free to sell their APPs for legitimate purposes.
- Can personal user download Camera Remote SDK?
Yes, personal users can get the SDK under the agreement with EULA.
- Mac and macOS are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S and other countries.
- Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
- Other system names, product names, and service names are registered trademarks or trademarks of each company.