It takes a long time to import images or update the database.
Importing images requires updating the database, which may take a long time depending on the amount of data.
PlayMemories Home updates the database when installing or importing images. It takes a longer time in the following cases.
- When more than 10,000 images are stored in PlayMemories Home.
- When a large amount of movie files are stored.
- When browsing the images stored on an external hard disk or on a drive connected with network.
If the symptom does not improve, follow the procedures below until the problem is solved.
- Start the Settings Initialization Tool.
- For Windows 10
- Select [Start] > [All apps] > [PlayMemories Home] > [PlayMemories Home Setting Initialization Tool].
- For Windows 8.1
- Open the Apps screen, and select [PlayMemories-Home] > [PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool].
- For Windows 7
- Select [Start] > [All Programs] > [PlayMemories Home] > [PlayMemories Home Settings Initialization Tool].
- Check [Restore the program to its default settings]. Click [Start] and follow the messages.
- In the [Add folders] window, uncheck all items.
- In the PlayMemories Online setting window, check [Do not use PlayMemories Online.].
- If your PlayMemories Home is Ver.5.5.00 or older, start the Settings Initialization Tool again, check [DLNA Off] and click [Start].
- Start PlayMemories Home, click [File] > [Add Folders...], then check the box of folders you want to add and click.