An error message consisting of numbers or alphabets such as [0040-0013-****-****] appears while creating a disc.
Follow the procedures below until the problem is solved depending on which message appears when an error occurs.
After clicking [Start] in the disc creation window, the message changes as [Converting…] > [Creating image files…] > [Writing to the disc…].
When an error occurred during [Converting…] or [Creating image files…]
- If creating AVCHD or Blu-ray Disc, disable Seamless Disc.
In the disc creation window, select [Settings …] > [Disc Creation] and uncheck the Seamless Disc Settings.
- Confirm that there is enough free space in the selected temporary file location.
Free space of more than twice the media file size is necessary. If there is not enough space, delete unnecessary files or change the location for the temporary file.
- Make sure the movie is not damaged.
If an error occurs or the image darkens while playing back the movie, the movie file may be damaged. Remove the file or trim off the damaged part.
- Reduce the number of movies.
Combining movies to reduce the number of movies may work.
When an error occurred during [Writing to the disc…]
- Lower the writing speed.
In the disc creation window, select [Settings…] > [General] > [Writing speed] > [Manually select a writing speed before writing to the disc], then the writing speed can be selected before creating the disc.
- Change the disc to that of another manufacturer.
- Update the firmware of the DVD/BD drive to the latest version.