Thank you for your interest in Sony's "E-mount" Basic Specification Disclosure.
Applying for "E-mount" Basic Specification License
Entities which request disclosure of the qualification criteria are required to read the "Conditions and Limitations" and "Application Procedure" before filing application.
- Conditions and Limitations*1
Restrictions regarding Sony's "E-mount Basic Specification Disclosure" are to be followed as below;
- You may use the Basic Specifications for lenses and/or mount adopters to mount to Sony’s E-mount Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera only *2 , NOT for manufacturing, selling or otherwise disposing of other products.
- There will not be any license fees required for the license. However, a part of expenses related to distribution of the Basic Specifications will be charged to the applicant.
- The Basic Specifications to be provided by Sony and all the applications/contacts will be made either in English or in Japanese only.
- The Basic Specifications will be disclosed to legal entities which satisfy the qualification criteria predefined by Sony. The qualification criteria will be disclosed after Sony’s approval to the Non-Disclosure Agreement applied by the legal entities.
- Sony may change the conditions herein at its sole discretion.
- The Basic Specifications on the camera side are not subjected to be disclosed.
Inquiries regarding Application for Basic Specifications License*3
Download the form and fill it appropriately by following the instructions. Then send it to the Inquiry & Admission Office by post.
- As disclosure is made only to legal entities, we will not accept inquiries from individuals.
Address of Inquiry & Admission Office
1-7-1 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-0075 Japan
Inquiry & Admission Office for "E-mount" Basic Specification Disclosure