How to use
This application allows you to create IPTC metadata* for the α9 and export it to memory cards.
By registering the exported information to the α9, you can apply it to images as they are shot.
* IPTC metadata consists of digital image metadata attributes, as standardized
by the IPTC (International Press Telecommunications Council).
[IPTC Photo Metadata Standard : Copyright IPTC]
This software also uses some metadata not defined by the IPTC standard.
Overview of operations
In IPTC Metadata Preset, you can work with IPTC metadata in XMP format. You can enter this information, save it as files, load it from existing files, and export it to memory cards.
The operations of registering IPTC metadata to a camera and setting whether to tag images with it are performed on the camera itself.
For camera instructions, refer to the help guide of models compatible with IPTC metadata.
Operations in IPTC Metadata Preset
1 Entering and saving IPTC metadata
2 Exporting IPTC metadata to memory cards
Operations on the camera
3 Registering IPTC metadata on the camera
4 Tagging images with IPTC metadata
- You can also transfer IPTC metadata to a memory card in a camera, when the camera is connected to the computer via USB. To save the information to the camera's memory card, set [USB Connection] on the camera to [Mass Storage] and click the [Export] button in IPTC Metadata Preset.
- Only one IPTC metadata file can be saved on a memory card.
Entering IPTC metadata
You can enter image details, copyright or location information, and other metadata.
You can enter an image description, article title, or other information.
Person shown *2
Name of featured Organisation *2
Code of featured Organisation *2
IPTC Scene Code *2
You can enter the photographer's name, information about copyright ownership, and so on.
Creator's Job Title
Copyright Info URL
Rights Usage Terms
Event and Location
You can enter an event name or other information about where the image was taken.
ISO Country Code *1
IPTC Subject Code *2
You can enter information about where the image was taken, etc.
Province or State
Country ISO-Code *1
You can enter image editing instructions or status information.
Job ID/Trans Ref
You can enter contact information used in image management.
You can enter image licensing information.
Models, Properties, and Artwork
You can enter additional information about the camera model.
Additional Model Info
*1 ISO Country Code can be entered by either of the following methods (IPTC Metadata Preset Ver.1.1.00 or later).
- Select Country/Region Code (3 digits) from the pull-down list
- Enter Country/Region Code (2 or 3 digits) in the text box
*2 When the IPTC data “xmp file” created using a PC application such as Photo Mechanic is imported, only the first word before the dividing “,” (comma) may be imported.
Loading, saving, and exporting IPTC metadata
Use the buttons along the bottom of the screen to load or save IPTC metadata or export it to memory cards.
Data used in IPTC Metadata Preset is saved as XMP files (***.xmp).
Clears all IPTC metadata being edited.
Loads an XMP file containing IPTC metadata.
Saves the IPTC metadata you have prepared to your computer, as an XMP file with your preferred name.
Exports an IPTC metadata to a memory card, for registration on the camera.
- Clicking [Open] during editing will discard any IPTC metadata you have entered and display the loaded information.
- Any loaded IPTC metadata that exceeds the limit for the number of characters supported by IPTC Metadata Preset will be cut off.
- This application only loads supported IPTC data. Unsupported fields/data are not loaded.