Assigning desired functions to the dial for operation by temporarily switching the functions
Functions of multiple dials* can be temporarily switched to your assigned functions. This makes it easy to adjust setting values of those functions by turning the dials.
* The following dials can be temporarily switched.
- Control dial
- Control wheel
My Dial Settings
Setting the camera
[My Dial Settings]
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [My Dial Settings] → assign preferred functions to dials from [My Dial 1] to [My Dial 3].
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [Custom Key]* → select a button used to activate My Dial, and then select a My Dial setting number to recall and a My Dial switching pattern.
* The function can be assigned separately for shooting still images or movies.
Related camera help guide
Guide to using the camera
To move focusing frames by turning dials, you can set up the dials to move frames vertically and horizontally with these settings.
- Assign [Toggle My Dial 1] to a custom key.
- Set the control wheel to [Move AF Point:U/D].
- Set the control dial to [Move AF Point:L/R].
*The menu screen images on this web page have been simplified for display purposes, and do not exactly reflect the actual screen display of the camera.