Adjusting tracking sensitivity to suit subjects
AF subject tracking sensitivity when shooting movies can be set in [AF Tracking Sens.].
AF Tracking Sens. (movie)
Setting the camera
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → [AF-C].
[AF Tracking Sens.]
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [AF Tracking Sens.] → desired setting.
Related camera help guide
Guide to using the camera
[AF Tracking Sens.] setting
Sets the AF sensitivity to high. Useful when shooting fast-moving subjects, or when switching between subjects quickly.
Sets the AF sensitivity to normal. Useful for stable autofocus, or continuous focusing on subjects you initially focus on.
When set to [Responsive]
- Focuses on subject A, centered on the screen.
[Expand Flexible Spot] is used for [Focus Area].
- Moving left from the right side of the screen, subject B is passing in front of the others.
- The camera quickly focuses on subject B in front.
When set to [Standard]
- Focuses on the subject moving toward right on the screen. [Zone] is used for [Focus Area].
- The camera pans to follow subject movement.
- At right, a tree is coming between the camera and subject.
- The camera does not immediately focus on the tree, even if it appears in the focus area.
- Once the subject reappears in the frame, it remains in focus, as the main subject.
Used with [AF drive speed], this setting enables optimal setting customization for the subjects or scenes you shoot.
[AF Tracking Sens.] and [AF drive speed] are not available with lenses that are not compatible with phase-detection AF.
To see which lenses are compatible, check the lens compatibility information listed below.
- Lenses without notes on phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF are compatible.
- Lenses noted as incompatible with phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF are not compatible with this function.
- For lenses noted as compatible with phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF after updating, update the firmware.
*The menu screen images on this web page have been simplified for display purposes, and do not exactly reflect the actual screen display of the camera.
Your responses will be used to further develop and improve our products/services. The survey responses will be processed statistically and will not be disclosed in a manner in which an individual can be distinguished.