An application for professional photographers to speed up photo transfersDownload Supported Cameras Verified mobile devices How to use FAQ
A smartphone and tablet application designed to help professionals by speeding up the transfer of still images.
Fast and efficient asset delivery using "FTP Background Transfer," "Quick Tagging and Captioning."
The Transfer & Tagging add-on has been renamed to Transfer & Tagging.
When you update Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.7, Transfer & Tagging 1.8 will be installed automatically. The icon on the screen will change as well.
If you are using iOS 16.1 or 16.0
It is not possible to import JPEG images when using Transfer & Tagging add-on Ver. 1.6 on iOS 16.1. To import JPEG images, update to Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.7 or later.
Also note that no thumbnails are displayed of HEIF images imported on iOS 16.0. (This has no effect on the original images.) This issue can be corrected by updating to iOS 16.1.
If you have updated the ILCE-7RM5/7M4 to Ver. 2.0 or later
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad
- If you cannot connect after updating the camera’s system software, turn the iPhone or iPad off and then turn it on again.
- If you are using an Android smartphone
- If after updating the camera’s system software you see [Loading…] displayed and the connection does not proceed, try the following to establish a connection.
- Select Android [Settings] → [Connected devices] (or [Device connection]), then delete the paired camera.
- Perform pairing once again.
2.1.2. Loading FTP import settings to the camera
Recommended environment for operation
- Android 10.0 - 14.0
- iOS 15.7 - 16.5
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, also refer to this Q&A.
2023-02-22Transfer & Tagging 1.8 has been released.
2022-10-27Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.7 has been released.
2022-07-05Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.6 has been released.
2021-12-07Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.5 has been released.
2021-04-20Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.4 has been released.
2020-12-15Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.3 has been released.
- Supports transfer of HEIF images on iPhone and iPad.
2020-04-09Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.2 has been released.
2019-10-15Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.1 has been released.
2019-03-25Transfer & Tagging add-on 1.0 has been released.
Updating from Transfer & Tagging add-on Ver. 1.3.1 or earlier to Ver. 1.5 or later on iPhone or iPad
If you updated directly from Ver. 1.3.1 or earlier to Ver. 1.5 or later, or if Ver. 1.4 or Ver. 1.4.1 has been installed but has never been launched, the user name and password will be deleted from [FTP Upload Preset] after you update to Ver. 1.5 or later. You will need to reenter these settings.
Transfer & Tagging overview (things you can do with this app)
- Transfer photos to mobile devices (image import)
- Add IPTC metadata
- Insert captions
- Voice input*
* This feature is not available to users who are not able to use Google.
- Shortcut key (with caption glossary)
- Voice input*
- Creators' Cloud membership
- Save and edit Caption Glossary
- Import Caption Glossary
- Cropping images
- Uploading to FTP server
- Transfer HEIF images *
* Supported on iPhone and iPad only. Image editing is not supported.
- Image import settings
- Creating caption templates and caption glossaries
- Creating IPTC metadata presets
- FTP upload settings
- Supports adding IPTC metadata when importing images
- Turn on the [Auto Trans When Shot] function for the FTP transfer function to enable automatic background transfers during shooting. (Excluding the ILCE-7RM3/7M3)
Add IPTC metadata (incl. captions)
Cropping, resizing (optional)
FTP delivery, sharing to social media
Import MAC Address
The Import MAC Address function of the Transfer & Tagging is useful when you need to supply the MAC address of the camera you are using to a third party, such as the sponsor when taking photos at a large-scale event, or the like. You can display a QR code of the MAC address on the camera and then scan it into the Transfer & Tagging.
Refer to <Import MAC Address> for supported cameras and instructions for using the function.