Changing the tracking sensitivity for continuous focusing on a subject
Autofocus subject tracking sensitivity can be set in [AF Tracking Sens.] when shooting movies.
AF Tracking Sens. (movie)
Setting the camera
MENU → (Camera Settings1) → [Focus Mode] → [AF-C].
[AF Tracking Sens.]
MENU → (Camera Settings2) → [AF Tracking Sens.] → desired setting.
Related camera help guide
Guide to using the camera
[AF Tracking Sens.] setting
This mode is useful when recording movies in which the subject is moving quickly.
This mode is useful when there are obstacles in front of the subject or in crowded places.
When set to [Responsive]
- Focuses on subject A, centered on the screen.
[Expand Flexible Spot] is used for [Focus Area].
- Moving left from the right side of the screen, subject B is passing in front of the others.
- The camera quickly focuses on subject B in front.
When set to [Standard]
- Focuses on the subject moving toward right on the screen. [Zone] is used for [Focus Area].
- The camera pans to follow subject movement.
- At right, a tree is coming between the camera and subject.
- The camera does not immediately focus on the tree, even if it appears in the focus area.
- Once the subject reappears in the frame, it remains in focus, as the main subject.
Used with [AF drive speed], this setting enables optimal setting customization for the subjects or scenes you shoot.
[AF Tracking Sens.] and [AF drive speed] are not available with lenses that are not compatible with phase-detection AF.
To see which lenses are compatible, check the lens compatibility information listed below.
- Lenses without notes on phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF are compatible.
- Lenses noted as incompatible with phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF are not compatible with this function.
- For lenses noted as compatible with phase-detection AF or Fast Hybrid AF after updating, update the firmware.
*The menu screen images on this web page have been simplified for display purposes, and do not exactly reflect the actual screen display of the camera.
Your responses will be used to further develop and improve our products/services. The survey responses will be processed statistically and will not be disclosed in a manner in which an individual can be distinguished.